4 quail (cleaned and rinsed)
1/2 cup mushrooms (you pick a variety or mix) , chopped relatively small
1/2 cup panko breadcrumbs
2 tablespoons unsalted butter
Ground black pepper
Ground cayenne pepper
1. Pre-heat the oven to 325-degrees F. Lightly grease small roasting pan or sheet pan.
2. Lightly brush each quail, inside and out, with olive oil, season with salt and black pepper.
3. In a large skillet, over medium heat, melt the butter and saute the mushrooms to soft/tender.
4. Fold in bread crumbs. Season with salt, black pepper, and cayenne pepper.
5. Stuff each quail with mushroom mix.
6. Place quail breast-side up, spaced apart.
7. Bake uncovered for 45 mins. Baste 2 times with olive oil throughout cooking time.
8. Rest 5 minutes.
9. Serve two quail to a person.